As seen on VolpeFirm 7.23.14
Host: Brady Volpe of The Volpe Firm
Guest: John Downey of Cisco
Part one covers the benefits and limitations of DOCSIS Pre-Equalization and critical features in the CMTS and how they impact Proactive Network Maintenance (PNM).
- Need answers about DOCSIS Pre-Equilization (Pre-Eq)?
- Everyone’s talking about PNM, but you aren’t really sure what it is?
- What Pre-Equliazation is and how it works on the CMTS side
- DOCSIS Pre-Equliatzaion effects on CMTS and Cable Modem
- Cable Modem legacy
- DOCSIS version(s) overview in Cable Modem
- Difference between RF taps and Pre-Equlization taps
- Basics of Pre-EQ